Any idea on solving 100% width issue

ckrudelux

I have a body with a fixed width 960px and some divs in it, the problem I have is what I want to make one div 100% of the browser and not 100% of the body.. well yes I could use z-index to make the width 100% but then I need a fixed height to make the rest of the page to align with it and I need the height to be relative to fit different data.

<body><div class="12columns"> //If this has the same height as the child object it will work to make child object 100% of the browser window without anything geting under it. <div class="12columnswide"> </div></div><div class="4columns"></div><div class="8columns"></div></body>

Hope you understand

I'm not sure I understand, but I'll give it a shot.Don't make the body 960px. Instead make a parent div 960px. You can then put a div outside this parent div and make that one 100% of the browser. div's width are 100% by default BTW.

.box {width: 960px;}<div>This div fills the browser.</div><div class="box">  <div>whatever I want</div>  <div>More stuff</div></div>

I'm not sure I understand, but I'll give it a shot.Don't make the body 960px. Instead make a parent div 960px. You can then put a div outside this parent div and make that one 100% of the browser. div's width are 100% by default BTW.
.box {width: 960px;}<div>This div fills the browser.</div><div class="box">  <div>whatever I want</div>  <div>More stuff</div></div>

Yes one way of doing it but the problem is then you want to move it in the middle of stuff, and all boxes moves by a drag n drop. I can't see any way it will work with the drag n drop.Been thinking of using JS but it's a poor solution.

If you want to drag-'n'-drop boxs around, JavaScript or Java is the only way to do that.

If you want to drag-'n'-drop boxs around, JavaScript or Java is the only way to do that.
I have a drag and drop system but by cutting my divs for this special div the drag and drop system won't work with the current setup.

Archived