Table Exceeding the bounds of the CSS DIV Tag

nuzerog

I have set up a css file to split a page into two columns, on being slightl narrower than the other. I have inserted a table into the left column and 2 tables into the right column.However, in the right column, the second column is exceeding the width I set for the right column. I am not sure why this is doing this, since the first table is working just fine. Even if I combine the two tables together, the 2nd table begins to exceed the width I set. Can someone tell me what I might be missing? please use:http://marketingtechie.com/default2.asp as a reference. Thanks Much

I'm not sure what the problem is...are the columns supposed to be of equal width? Because one is set to 300px, and the other one is set to 400px.

I'm not sure what the problem is...are the columns supposed to be of equal width? Because one is set to 300px, and the other one is set to 400px.
There are three tables. One in the left column and two in the right column. I am having problems with the second table on the right. Everything should be lining up with the picture on the right, but the next below is exceeding the page. HKIM

sorry, could be my bad, but you're code is incredibly hard to read and make sense of (besides being over complicated with the use of table for simple things that could be done with some heading and <p> tags, plus the class names are impossible to distinguish from one another). What I am seeing in the source is a div set to width 700px but only two tables with width, one of 300px, other 400px. The other one is just set to 100%. What I see in the browser is two columns. One on the left with a bunch of news-like looking headers & text going down the page. The other column has a graph and below it the same news-like headers and text going down the page. So, how is it supposed to look? What is the content of each table? Does it go news article stuff, graph, more news article stuff?Honestly, if you set the div to a width, why use the table? Why not just make headers the same width and the use <p>'s? I really can't see a good reason for using the tables the way you are now. It would make you're page easier to read (source) and have more of an impact relative to SEO. (if you used header tags). And of course the usual Strict DTD, validate, etc.

sorry, could be my bad, but you're code is incredibly hard to read and make sense of (besides being over complicated with the use of table for simple things that could be done with some heading and <p> tags, plus the class names are impossible to distinguish from one another). What I am seeing in the source is a div set to width 700px but only two tables with width, one of 300px, other 400px. The other one is just set to 100%. What I see in the browser is two columns. One on the left with a bunch of news-like looking headers & text going down the page. The other column has a graph and below it the same news-like headers and text going down the page. So, how is it supposed to look? What is the content of each table? Does it go news article stuff, graph, more news article stuff?Honestly, if you set the div to a width, why use the table? Why not just make headers the same width and the use <p>'s? I really can't see a good reason for using the tables the way you are now. It would make you're page easier to read (source) and have more of an impact relative to SEO. (if you used header tags). And of course the usual Strict DTD, validate, etc.
Yeah I've been copying and pasting a lot of old code written by someone else almost 10 years ago or so. I'm not a web programmer at all just something I have to do to maintain an academic stipend. What I tried to do with the div tags is I have an outer on that establishes the maximum width at 700. Then I have two nested div tags that split the page into a 300 and 400 width colums. So two columns. Within these columns I have one table in the left hand column and two tables in the right hand column. In the right hand side the first table is the boxed in section with the picture. The second table starts with the header on wall street. Now the page is supposed to have a maximum width of 700, but all the text under the box on the right is exceeding my width. In other words It should be the same width as the box with the picture.I hope I did a better job of explaining things and sorry about my mishmashed code. HKIM In the left most column

Archived