Fix .htaccess

tienphuonghk

Hi,I have 2 files .htaccess and .htpasswd to protect file.But when I log file where protect show box require user nad pass.I type corect user and pass but cannot login file I want.It show page internal server error.My error below:eg.htaccessAuthType BasicAuthUserFile /localhost/php/.htpasswdAuthName "Welcome to my Web site"require valid-user.htpasswduser:4hgdf854Show error:Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.Please contact the server administrator, tienphuonghk@gmail.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.More information about this error may be available in the server error log.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) PHP/5.2.3 Server at localhost Port 80Please show my error,and fix for me

Where is the .htpasswd file located really? Unless you have a folder named localhost on your server, that's probably not what you had in mind.Go to the folder where the .htpasswd file is, copy & paste it, and in your .htaccess file, replace

AuthUserFile /localhost/php/.htpasswd

with

AuthUserFile "whateverYouhaveCopied/.htpasswd"

(keep the quotes; replace the content with the actual path to the file)

Where is the .htpasswd file located really? Unless you have a folder named localhost on your server, that's probably not what you had in mind.Go to the folder where the .htpasswd file is, copy & paste it, and in your .htaccess file, replace
AuthUserFile /localhost/php/.htpasswd

with

AuthUserFile "whateverYouhaveCopied/.htpasswd"

(keep the quotes; replace the content with the actual path to the file)

Thank you very much

Archived