Revamped Music Website

Johnshellshock

Hi there here is my website www.shellshockmusic.co.uk I have recently rebuilt it using Adobe CS3. The old site was using MS frontpage 2000. My method was to go through the tutorials on HTML XHTML and CSS and then get stuck into Adobe CS3 and produce my new site. As well as a constructive critque I would like some advice as to what languages to study next as I would like to add a search facilty so that if someone puts in say the letter A all the songs with say artist name starting with A come up on a new page.Anyway have a look.www.shellshockmusic.co.uk

not to be too harsh, but the design doesn't really stand out too much, looks fairly bland. The links at the top seem to behave oddly when I click on them in FF, pushing things down as I click on them. Maybe just spice it up with a few images, try some different color themes, etc? Unfortunately I'm no great designer myself, so don't take it to personally.As far as getting the live search feature, you would want to compile all your songs into a database and use a combination of AJAX and PHP/mySQL to get the desired effect.

Archived