Sign in to follow this  
jamesadrian

Flash Video Tools for visitor start and pause buttons

I have made a .swf file work on a web page, but it doesn't have a start or pause button. Here it is:http://globalfreeenterprise.com/video.htmI have learned how to use quite a number of param statements that go within the <object> and </object> tags. They are similar to statements like these:<param name="movie" value="North2.swf"><param name=loop value=""true"><param name=”menu” value=”false”>There are many more.There are also the corresponding statements that go within the <embed . . . .> tag like these:src="North2.swf"loop="true"menu=”false”Here is my question:Are there not statements of these two kinds that add the functions of start, stop and pause to a video clip without writing in javascript? All of the instructions I have found online for implementing these functions seem to require a knowledge of javascript and also seem to require using software like Flash CS5 - far beyond a mere HTML or TEXT editor. Why? Do I need to learn javascript and buy some particular development software to get these video functions on a web page?It seems to me that such software generates some kind of html code in the end anyway. What am I missing?How common is this need? It occurs to me that many people must have solved this rather routine problem. If a set of code, with or without javascirpt can get the visitor a start button and a pause button (at least a start button), might somebody just post it?I would like to use html to display a movie clip. I will learn to use javascipt as well if the controls I seek cannot be gotten without it. I have almost no experience. I don't know if special software beyond a text editor is essential or a mere convenience.Please tell me what you can about whether javascript or special software is absolutely needed to display a movie clip that is started and stopped by the person who comes to my website.Here is the HTML code for the video clip I have mentioned above:<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" width="200" height="150" id="North2"><param name="movie" value="North2.swf" /><param name=loop value=""true" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><embed src="North2.swf" loop="true" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="200" height="150" names="North2" align="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object>Thank you for your help.