Post displaying out of order....

scout1idf

I'm just learning and I have an annoying problem with my blog display......When I delete an entry in my blog (test post, mistake, whatever) then post another entry, it fills in the deleted post's spot.How do I stop that from happening?ex. (after deleting post id# 3 then writing post id# 6, #6 displays out of order in #3's spot.)id# 1id# 2id# 6id# 4id# 5Copy of my table...

CREATE TABLE `testblog` (`id` int(4) NOT NULL auto_increment,`comment` varchar(1000) NOT NULL,`datetime` varchar(65) NOT NULL default '',PRIMARY KEY (`id`)) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

Thanks in advance......

MySQL tables have no definite natural "order" - you can sort the entries when you select them using the ORDER BY clause. E.g., by ID descending (we could have done it by date, if your `datetime` field was an integer):

SELECT * FROM testblog ORDER BY id DESC

MySQL tables have no definite natural "order" - you can sort the entries when you select them using the ORDER BY clause. E.g., by ID descending (we could have done it by date, if your `datetime` field was an integer):
SELECT * FROM testblog ORDER BY id DESC

Thanks for the help, it worked. Now I need to apply it to my actual code and delete my test code. (and decide asc or desc)Thanks again...

Archived