Passing JS variable to php

suzie

Dear,I have a div, and am using javascript function to get the height of this Div:<script language="JavaScript"> <!-- function autoResize(DivID){ var DivHeight = document.getElementById(DivID).clientHeight}//--> </script>Now if the DivHeight is = 873 i want to call services.phpelse to call services-index.php...I did that:<script language="JavaScript"> <!-- function autoResize(DivID){ var DivHeight = document.getElementById(DivID).clientHeight if (DivHeight = 873) { <?php include"services.php"; ?> } else {<?php include"services-index.php"; ?> }}//--> </script> these two .php file locate the footerbut this way doesn't work and the footer doesn't appearis there a way please???any help

You can't mix JavaScript and PHP together like that, because the execute at different times and in different contexts - you will have to use AJAX.

ah, a new to Ajax, How I can use it...can you give me more detail please...
The basic idea is to use JavaScript to send a new HTTP request. The server may then execute PHP, and output something based on the contents of the request. That output can be caught by JavaScript, and once it's there, you can do whatever you want with it.See the AJAX tutorial for details on how to do it. Make sure not to skip the diagram... just in case.

Also, the condition here is wrong:

if (DivHeight = 873)

You may want the equivalence operator ==, or maybe an inequality (> or <)?

Archived