What is the technique of making random chatting site like omegle

peacehunter

I am not sure that am I posting this in a right section???? If it is in false section then plzz move it in right section......There is a random chatting site omegle.com , after using this site I am very curious to know that about the technique of making this kind of site.Plzzz tell me what is the process of making this kind of site ,how to work this kind of site and what scripting languages should be used to making this kind of site..

Well, you need to know HTML and CSS for the layout, a server side language like PHP for interacting with a database system, you'll need to know how to write queries for the database, such as MySQL, and JavaScript for fetching and loading messages without refreshing the page. The basic idea is:When someone clicks to start a conversation, you need to find out how many users are currently not in a conversation, and choose one at random. A temporary table will probably be created by the database program to store the messages back and forward. A JavaScript loop will start checking for new messages by the other user and if it finds one will output it to the page. This is called AJAX. There are further complexities, of course, but that's the very basic idea.

Yes with a chat site AJAX will be your savior. be careful how often it checks for updates tho. My web server got banned because my ajax script i was working on crashed the server. My bad. lol.

Archived