Rounded Borders. what am i missing!

attila2452

Uh, you still need to have the <html> tag (it is never valid to have a closing tag without a matching opening one). Just put the DOCTYPE declaration above that. If it's still invalid, show us.P.S. no matter how the HTML is generated, it still should be valid :).
actually, not if you are using HTML doctype, right? with XHMTL its a bit different, but with HTML, this validates...
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">   <head>	<title>Test</title>  </head>    <body>	<p>Hello World</p>  </body></html>

although technically will throw a warning because of no character encoding.

Wow, that's just weird, I didn't realise that. But technically, the DOCTYPE is a markup declaration, and not a substitute for any tag. To be conservative, I would still put the HTML tag in. I mean, there are many things that can be left out when writing SGML markup (as I demonstrate*)... but that doesn't mean we should write our code like that all the time.* now updated, with no HTML tag! :)

thanks for clearing up the DOCTYPE's status. I was under the impression that since it needs to come at the beginning of a page, a browser would understand it as being akin to an opening <html> tag. Better to be thorough as you say!**now updated with HTML tag! :)....from now on... :)

Archived