ORDER BY id

sooty2006

Hi, In my database table i have 50 rows, every time the user levels up they unlock a new crime.i want to show the new crimes by the top ten crimes my code just brings the last 10 in the database even tho they have not unlocked it!can anyone show me how to get it to do this?here is my current code!

$sql = "SELECT * FROM `crimes` WHERE `crime_count` <= '$array[crime_total]' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10";$query = mysql_query($sql);while($row = mysql_fetch_array($query)){

Thanks

you would probably want to add something that checks the level of crimes they have access to, and then make that the limit. So if they've only gotten up to level 5 or something, then the LIMIT would be 5 instead.

ok i understand what your saying but if the user is on level 15 i only want it to show the last 10 crimes unlocked not the first 5

ok, well think a little creatively then. if they've achieved a level higher than 10, then only show the last 10. If they are level 10 or under, then show their current levels worth of crimes, which would <= 10. Basically an if/else statement predicated on their level, which you can then set to a $limit variable which you can use in your query.

Archived