Developing a Wordpress Theme

himynameismark

I am in the finishing stages of a website for a client, and he needs a blog on his site. It is an inspirational/self-help/spirituality site, so he has a form for a blog submission for visitors, and then his blog. Once a month or so he will pick a submission and post it to his blog, giving the author credit for the post.My partner and I have the layout so it's in a container div with the layout of the website as the background (header image, and a box for the actual content with the navigation links, etc.), with a navigation div and a content div. The blog should go in the content div, which is 512x484 (width x height in pixels). There will be tabs between the navigation div and the content div to switch between the actual blog itself and the blog submission page. Once this is set up, by default it will show the actual blog first, then when you click the tab it will show the blog submission page, which is already set up. I am using simple jQuery to switch out the content divs.My question is this: Is there an easy way to accomplish the goal of having the blog load in the content div rather than a new tab/window? I know some CSS will have to be done to adjust the sizes and match the color scheme of the page, but I am very unfamiliar with Wordpress and PHP. If not, is there a better blogging program I can use for what I am trying to accomplish?Any help would be appreciated, and if this is in the wrong section, I would be glad to move it if you just let me know.Thanks in advance,Mark

Archived