Need a Way to Link a Web page to Excel Data

ukvol

I have data on Excel spreadsheets that I wish to display on a web page. I know how to convert an Excel sheet to an html file, but that leaves me with little flexibility.The ideal situation for me would be to have the html page pull selected data from the Excel file, and update itself as I update the spreadsheets. I have heard that a .csv file may help me, but I am not familiar with what a .csv file does.Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

There are ways of doing this provided that your server will allow you to run script such as ASP, ASP.Net or PHP.

There are ways of doing this provided that your server will allow you to run script such as ASP, ASP.Net or PHP.
I just switched my web hosting to GoDaddy. They probably offer this stuff. Could you please elaborate on how the above options would work? I am eager to read/learn about how to do this. I just need someone to point me in the right direction.

There are a few bits in the ASP section that you will find useful for connecting XLS to ASP. Also see the code on sites such as asp101

Archived