Critique my first website please

dbomb101

This is the first website I made, I developed it for a Web Application class for my university. To develop it I usedXHTML 1.1CCS PHPJavascript XMLXSLT PHP and ASP.NET web services AJAX It would be great to have a critique of it for it since it is always a good idea to get a well informed second opinion on something :)http://stuweb.cms.gre.ac.uk/~dd615/index.php?

I have a problem with the registration process: where do I put the number that was e-mailed to me? There's no space for it on the form. The site isn't very attractive, but as an exercise in database retrieval it seems to work just fine. It's a little uninspiring though. The 'registration' link is hard to see.

I have a problem with the registration process: where do I put the number that was e-mailed to me? There's no space for it on the form. The site isn't very attractive, but as an exercise in database retrieval it seems to work just fine. It's a little uninspiring though. The 'registration' link is hard to see.
just type in the the username and password you entered into the login form and it will take you to the appropriate page and yeah it isn't pretty to say the least improving on my design skills on the my current project, since my course focused alot more on development skills than design since it was a room filled with programmers >_<

I hear you on the design front - I haven't got an artistic bone in my body. The only site I've made so far, which isn't launched on the proper domain yet, is sinaesthesia.co.uk and it's very basic and square. My mum, who the site is for, is happy enough with the style, and having given me no input except that she'd rather square edge tabs than rounded ones, hasn't got any recourse if she wanted a fancier looking site. Even though it's plain, I think it's clear and things are in the right place (canonical alt nav links, logo, login tray, horizontal nav, three col layout and footer).

Archived