HTML editor that allows for urls to be included?

CanadianGuy

Hi folks,My nephew requires a website for a graphic design course he is currently enrolled in. That hasn't been a problem as I've designed him a W3C strict compliant site for him. The site requires his resume, biography and samples of both his static and animated works. But (there's always a "but") he would like to be able to keep it updated himself. Not a big problem for his resume and biography as I've developed scripts that allow for a text file being opened, edited and then saved. And simply used php to include the text file where needed.But for his examples he would like to be able to upload his examples to youtube and then simply add links to his portfolio page. I'm just not sure how I would go about this. Is there any apps that can assit me here? I've seen online html editors such as Wyzz WYSIWYG and ckeditor but I believe these programms simply generate code for you that you save on your local machine and then its up to you to figure out how to get the file onto a web server.Any thought, suggestions or advice, as always is very welcomed.Cheers,Jeff

you could create an "admin" page for him which would consist of a form he could fill out, which would include a title, link, description, etc of the link he wants added which would then save the information in a DB. The links page would read these records from the DB and display them on the page, with all the above information displayed and formatted appropriately.

you could create an "admin" page for him which would consist of a form he could fill out, which would include a title, link, description, etc of the link he wants added which would then save the information in a DB. The links page would read these records from the DB and display them on the page, with all the above information displayed and formatted appropriately.
Hmmm... How would I go about doing that? My work is in high demand because I work for free, not because of my extensive knowledge. :)

do you know how to make forms with HTML and use those in conjunction with PHP/MySQL to save to a DB? If so, just make a him a page that does just that. Then use PHP in an HTML page to read the data from that table in the DB and have it display the content on the page.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived