comparing php associative arrays

crush123

i have 2 associative arrays, similar to below..Array ( [5] => A [11] => B [16] => C [4] => D )Array ( [11] => Apples [5] => Bananas [4] => Oranges [16] => Plums )i want to process them to get the following result, which is essentially the key order from the first array, with the values from the secondArray ( [5] => Bananas [11] => Apples [16] => Plums [4] => Oranges )i have been playing withthe various array functions for a few hours now, but can't get the result I am after.Very grateful for a few pointers.thanks

You could use array_keys() and array_values() to get the keys and values from the respective arrays, then loop over one of the arrays to form a third array.Here's an example, assuming your original arrays are called $arr1 and $arr2:

$keysArr = array_keys($arr1);$valsArr = array_values($arr2);$resultArr = array();foreach($keysArr as $ind => $key) {$resultArr[$key] = $valsArr[$ind];}

This is somewhat a memory wasting way to do it (you need the memory for each array... doubled... plus more for the resulting array), but it works.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.arra...tersect-key.php
<?php$array1 = array(5=>'A',11=>'B',16=>'C',4=>'D');$array2 = array(11=>'Apples',5=>'Bananas',4=>'Oranges',16=>'Plums');var_dump(array_intersect_key($array2, $array1));?>

Output:

array(4) { [11]=> string(6) "Apples" [5]=> string(7) "Bananas" [4]=> string(7) "Oranges" [16]=> string(5) "Plums"}

Archived