Delay a javascript from loading with a timer

mboehler3

I have a javascript function that I would like to delay 10-20 seconds after the page loads. I've been looking around for a solution and I thought I found one, but it's not working correctly. Here is my code:

<script type="text/javascript">		$(document).ready(function tbox() {		tb_show("1-Click", "/product/1-click.asp?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=600&width=800", "");	});		window.setTimeout(tbox, 100);	</script>

I'm a novice with javascript at best. Is there something that I'm missing from this code? From everything I've found I thought this would work, but I must be missing something.Thanks in advance for any help.

Wait. I see now. You want the timeout to start clicking only after the document is ready. I think you'll need to bind the setTimeout statement to the "ready event." Or cheat and put your script immediately before the closing </html> tag. Should have the same effect.BTW, how long do you think 100 milliseconds really is? Maybe that's a typo?

Wait. I see now. You want the timeout to start clicking only after the document is ready. I think you'll need to bind the setTimeout statement to the "ready event." Or cheat and put your script immediately before the closing </html> tag. Should have the same effect.BTW, how long do you think 100 milliseconds really is? Maybe that's a typo?
So would it be something like this?
<script type="text/javascript">		$(document).ready(function tbox() {		tb_show("1-Click", "/product/1-click.asp?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=600&width=800", "");	});		window.setTimeout(ready(function tbox), 10000);	</script>

Or you could skip all that jQuery mumbo-jumbo and just do something like this:

<script type="text/javascript">function tbox() {   tb_show("1-Click", "/product/1-click.asp?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=600&width=800", "");}window.onload = function() {   window.setTimeout(tbox, 10000); //The wait value is in milliseconds so it should be 10000 for 10 secs}</script>

Or you could skip all that jQuery mumbo-jumbo and just do something like this:
<script type="text/javascript">function tbox() {   tb_show("1-Click", "/product/1-click.asp?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=600&width=800", "");}window.onload = function() {   window.setTimeout(tbox, 10000); //The wait value is in milliseconds so it should be 10000 for 10 secs}</script>

Awesome, thanks a lot. That's perfect.

Archived