Logged In Menu

Sibkis

HelloI have a site and would like to add a social side of things which I have been managing to do with a combination of PHP and MySQL etc.But I have a question how do you get the login menu to change to the Logged in menu using HTML I have the php login script and it works (yeh) ? Is it another page reloaded or is it a script of some sort? I just do not knowRegardsRichard

But I have a question how do you get the login menu to change to the Logged in menu using HTML I have the php login script and it works (yeh) ?
I'm not sure what you are trying to say.are you asking how to change it so that after a user logs IN, they instead have a different menu indicating that they have logged in?you'll need to use $_SESSIONS to track a users login status after they login so you can know whether they should be viewing that page and if they should, then you can display all the appropriate content.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say.are you asking how to change it so that after a user logs IN, they instead have a different menu indicating that they have logged in?you'll need to use $_SESSIONS to track a users login status after they login so you can know whether they should be viewing that page and if they should, then you can display all the appropriate content.
yes thats right I have the php $_SESSIONS script and that seems to be working [Well I am getting no errors that I no of] I have been learning this for a while via here and a few books. But I can not seem to find out how to have the menu change e.g.login menu: username, password, about, home.loggedin: logout, edit profile ,my profile, member list, homeRegardsRichard

Archived