Image becoming invisible when clicking

Saeed

Good Day, I have a page with 3 horizontal frames. The middle frame is in turn divided into 2 vertical frames and the right frame again into 2 horizontal ones; it looks something like this: ___________________________________________________________ |..........................................header frame......................................||__________________________________________________________||.........|...............................optionsframe..................................||.........|____________________________________________________| |....left.|.................................................................................||..frame|......................................basefrm..........................| |______ |__________________________________________________| |........................................ footer frame...................................| |__________________________________________________________| The contents of the "basefrm" are the dynamic and selected via the JS generated Treeview in the "left frame". The contents of the others are static. (the dots in the graph are for display purposes only; blanks are deleted.)In order to provide a larger viewing area for the main themes in "basefrm", a button is placed in the "options" frame; by "onClick ()" the column width of the "left frame" in parent is set to "0". Another "onClick ()" restores the original size. Following problem showed up: The first "onClick ()" reduces the "left frame", but the button is no longer visible; it has to be right-clicked and "Show Picture" is to be selected. Then the button becomes visible and all seems to be fine. But any time a new page is opened, this procedure must be repeated. This situation doesn't show up when the pages are on the same PC, i.e. no server is accessed. Here are my questions: 1. What could cause the problem? 2. How can I inquire the current document in the "basefrm", as mentioned, it is selected by the user from the entries in the "left frame"? (This question is not directly relevant to the problem at hand; but nevertheless is useful in case other possibilities are to be explored.) Thank you and have a good day.

Can you post a link to the page? You've got a lot of stuff going on that's hard to discuss in the abstract.As you think about furture projects, let me suggest you look into a server-side environment like PHP and AJAX as a way of updating content dynamically. Frames are less than ideal and something you want to move away from as your skillset grows.

Can you post a link to the page? You've got a lot of stuff going on that's hard to discuss in the abstract.As you think about furture projects, let me suggest you look into a server-side environment like PHP and AJAX as a way of updating content dynamically. Frames are less than ideal and something you want to move away from as your skillset grows.
Good Day Deirdre's Dad,Thanks for your reply. However, 1. The pages are on an intranet, and thus not accessible from outside. I did try to somehow describe the setup, obviously not very successfully! Let's see if this one's any better: Basically by clicking a button, the following script is executed: function toggle (checked) { document.getElementById('tree').src = (checked) ? 'image1.gif' : 'image2.gif'; }Initially, image2.gif is displayed and "checked" is true; it is defined in another file. So, at first click, image1.gif should be shown. But it is not. It is there but invisible.The script does few other things as well; which work properly. 2. This is a legacy project, frames et. al. are stipulated by the customer.3. As for my skillset, you are right; it does need to grow in the directions mentioned.

Archived