PHP problem

BobbyFrankyJim

I have decided to learn PHP and started reading the tutorial and following it's steps until I started to try to use php. I was trying to use very basic php like just some text, then I started having problems. When I made the page and tried to open it, a popup box to download the file I just opened came up. I tested in a few other ways as well. When it doesn't attempt to download the file all I get is a blank website. It doesn't reconise the php. I have downloaded WampServer5 and installed that but when I try to install the second part wampmanager.exe it crashes and gives me the error message saying: CLI has stopped working. I also have IIS installed and I am pretty sure PHP is installed. I downloaded and installed but it had some errors. So if someone could help me with all this that would be good.

You seem to have over-installed slightly... it's a bad idea to have Apache and IIS running at once, as they try to bind to the same ports. Also, WampServer comes with PHP (WAMP stands for Windows Apache MySQL PHP), so there's no need to install that separately. Try uninstalling everything then just installing WampServer again, or at least shift Apache/IIS to listen on a different port :).Then, make sure you place your PHP files in the document root (usually C:\wamp\www\ for WampServer), and make sure you are accessing them using the localhost hostname (e.g. http://localhost/my_file.php if the file is C:\wamp\www\my_file.php on the local filesystem).

I would follow Synook's advice and just uninstall everything, and then just reinstall WAMP, as it should install everything you need (Apache, MySQL, and, PHP)

Archived