How Would I Go About This?

dmei4

I'm working on this webpage and I've never really worked on building an interactive photo slideshow on a page before. The main things is when the before image or the link to expand the project description is clicked it goes into a slideshow mode. The user can then click a next or previous link to the next image.I'm not sure how I should go about this? I was thinking using iframes, php maybe? I'm currently using jQuery on this and I don't know if it will yield the desired effect as most image gallery plugins don't seem to fit the aesthetics of it.Here's a sketch on how it's suppose to function.Beforebeforeh.jpgAfterafterau.jpg

Please don't cross post. I've removed your copy in the (X)HTML forum.Any full fledged application, image gallery included, is bound to be a mix of various languages. If a jQuery plug-in doesn't suit your needs fully out of the box, you can always write additional JavaScript/CSS/PHP to tweak it. Break it into pieces, and see what you could use for each.

I use PHP, jQuery and MySQL. The MySQL database is what really gives a photo gallery power. You could create an image upload page that uploads a file to a certain directory on the server. This path to the image, along with the image title, description, upload_date, year, keywords, and other miscellaneous data. Then you could organize the photos by date, or whatever. You could use mysql queries (e.g. for the 2004 category),

SELECT * FROM `photos`WHERE year='2004'

If you wanted to create a specific image page you could do a query such as this:

SELECT * FROM `photos` WHERE id="$_GET['id']" LIMIT 1

Then you could enter a url such as this: "http://www.site.com/image.php?id=12". Of course you should sanitize the GET variable, or use mysqli prepared statements. It may sound complicated, but if you just learn some MySQL and PHP, it isn't that hard, and it can produce a very streamlined system. You may benefit from this tutorial.

Archived