Adding records in the wrong order..!

ckrudelux

Don't know how this happened! First 3 records are fine after them the newest record is added and older records after it.Record 1:Record 2:Record 3:Record 6:Record 5:Record 4:If I would add a record it would be added over record 6

If you mean, the records are not stored in primary key order, that's entirely possible. The SQL standards, IIRC, give absolutely no guarantees as to the order in which data will be stored.You should use an ORDER BY clause in your SELECT query if you need to make sure the records are displayed in the correct order.

If you mean, the records are not stored in primary key order, that's entirely possible. The SQL standards, IIRC, give absolutely no guarantees as to the order in which data will be stored.You should use an ORDER BY clause in your SELECT query if you need to make sure the records are displayed in the correct order.
I know how to get the data out right I was just so surprised by how the records are stored.. felt like I had done something to make it store the data like what.

Archived