Zend PHP5 certification

Fmdpa

1. What are the advantages of taking the Zend certification test?2. How much study does the test require? (the outline of the topics covered is pretty intimidating)3. What book is best to study for the test?4. Do you think it is worth it (maybe expound on the situations when it would be)

1. looks good on a resume i assume2. probly a lot3. not sure4. depends, how expensive is the test? i would assume if you have a job or looking for a job that would need use of php it would probably come in handy.

4. It might help someone get a job if they have not had formal education, meaning they don't have a AS or BS degree in computer science or their degree is in another field. In that case, the certification offers an independent assurance to a potential employer that the certification holder knows the material.

BSCS and an MBA10 years software exprience + 7 years web experienceI'm old. :)
I'm doing one of those. Fun times! A lot easier for me then undergrad surprisingly, probably because its just a bunch of reading and writing, and the fact that I'm putting off my economics analysis class. :)

..., and the fact that I'm putting off my economics analysis class.
I find economics analysis easier than PHP, not because it is more useful, but because of its explanatory power. Someday I hope to make good use of PHP, but would like to hear more about the Zend engine.Roddy

The stuff I learned in the MBA classes really helps me as an engineer. When it comes right down to it, if the business isn't succeeding, no matter how good you are technically - you won't get paid. Along those lines, if you don't deliver a quality solution, that works, and looks good - the business won't succeed.iwato - you post great questions, I learn a lot from them.

iwato - you post great questions, I learn a lot from them.
Thank you, wirehopper. I sometimes learn more from them than I intend, and sometimes much less. In all cases, I always walk away better informed after I post them, and I am very grateful that we have such a great bunch of very well-informed people in this forum.Roddy

Archived