Image Upload

chokk

Hey all,I'm writing a basic CMS. On the site there are some articles that consists partly of an image and partly some text. So when the admin wants to edit the site I want him to be able to upload an image and the system will automatically use the image for that article.How would I go about creating this function?

It's a good tutorial. Just be aware that the echo statements are there to help you understand. They are not part of the file storage process.If we had an idea what you know about databases, we could help you better with the rest of the question. If you know nothing, you should probably work through some mysql tutorials.

I created something similar to what you are wanting, I believe. I had an image upload page that had certain categories on it, including "blog". When I relocate to the blog-posting page, there is a box at the bottom with the most recent uploads to the "blog" category. Just clicking on the image will automatically insert the code for the image into the text-area. It took quite a lot of code (in other words, work), but it works well. As DD said, it would help us to help you if we knew how much PHP you know.

Archived