I want the dropdown box to appear right of the text, not topleft of the site!

Dubbeldam

Under this post is the code I use.As you can see, the user can select his birthday month by a dropdown box. Problem is, the dropdown box does not appear to the right of the month, but in the topleft of the screen. How can I make it appear to the right of Month?

<form id="loginForm" name="loginForm" method="post" action="register-exec.php">  <table width="300" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">	<tr>	  <th>First Name </th>	  <td><input name="fname" type="text" class="textfield" id="fname" /></td>	</tr>	<tr>	  <th>Last Name </th>	  <td><input name="lname" type="text" class="textfield" id="lname" /></td>	</tr>	<tr>	  <th width="124">Login</th>	  <td width="168"><input name="login" type="text" class="textfield" id="login" /></td>	</tr>	<tr>	  <th width="124">Birthday year</th><br>	  <td width="168"><input name="Birthday" type="text" onkeydown="return ( event.ctrlKey || event.altKey 					|| (47<event.keyCode && event.keyCode<58 && event.shiftKey==false) 					|| (95<event.keyCode && event.keyCode<106)					|| (event.keyCode==8) || (event.keyCode==9) 					|| (event.keyCode>34 && event.keyCode<40) 					|| (event.keyCode==46) )" class="textfield" id="login" /></td>	</tr>		<tr>	  <th width="124">Birthday month</th><br>		<form action="">		<select name="Month">		<option value="Jan">Jan</option>		<option value="Feb">Feb</option>		<option value="Mar">Mar</option>		<option value="Apr">Apr</option>		</select>		</form></tr>	<tr>	  <th>Password</th>	  <td><input name="password" type="password" class="textfield" id="password" /></td>	</tr>	<tr>	  <th>Confirm Password </th>	  <td><input name="cpassword" type="password" class="textfield" id="cpassword" /></td>	</tr>	<tr>	  <td> </td>	  <td><input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Register" /></td>	</tr>  </table></form>

you should validate you code, I'm guess certain tags aren't nested correctly. I don't think you should be using a brand new set of <form> tags just for the dropdown, and I think the dropdown should be in <td> tags as well. These structural errors, especially when using tables, could lead to unpredictable results. The validator will alert you of any such issues.

Archived