unknown database

abdelelbouhy

take a look at:http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/52648/

tried to uncomment some things in php.ini now it works
And for the record, you don't necessarily need a 'world_innodb' map in your htdocs. You may do so if you find it easy.maybe you want to share your config.ini.php so we can take a look at it here. Don't forget to clear out any username/password tho!

hello i wonder what cause this errorconnection faild: SQLSTATE[42000] [1049] Unknown database 'world_innodb' the file exist in mysql server and in hdocs
unknown databse means there is no such a databse name 'world_innodb'. you have to create it first.

hello guysif you please tell me where i place my database i'm running xampp i've database called world_innodb.sql and i placed it in mysql folder so it's like that mysql/world_innodb.sql inside the database file the name is 'world' which name do i use the file name world_innobd or just world and here how i connect it <?php $dsn = 'mysql:host=localhost;dbname=world_innodb;'; $user = 'root'; $password = ''; try{ $db = new PDO($dsn,$user,$password); }catch(PDOException $e){ echo 'connection faild: ' . $e->getMessage(); } ?>and that what i gotconnection faild: SQLSTATE[42000] [1049] Unknown database 'world_innodb'

Ah I can see your confusion! Open XAMPP control panel and make sure Apache and MySql are running. If not, press start.In the internet link bar (or however its called, where you type www.**.com), type in 127.0.0.1 This should take you to the homepage of XAMPP.In the left menu, go to the last column and click phpMyAdmin.This takes you to the MySql homepage where you can create a new database.Don't worry about collation and utf8_general_ci

.sql files are not actual database files, they are stored lists of SQL queries that can be run to construct a database. You have to run those queries on your MySQL server to import the database.Edit: if you follow Dubbeldan's suggestion, then I believe phpMyAdmin has an import facility where you can upload the .sql file.

Ah I can see your confusion! Open XAMPP control panel and make sure Apache and MySql are running. If not, press start.In the internet link bar (or however its called, where you type www.**.com), type in 127.0.0.1 This should take you to the homepage of XAMPP.In the left menu, go to the last column and click phpMyAdmin.This takes you to the MySql homepage where you can create a new database.Don't worry about collation and utf8_general_ci
thank you very very very much it been 48 hrs now

Archived