DNS Settings for Internet and Intranet

newphpcoder

Good day!I used IIS 6.0, IE, phpmyadmin,mysql and it is in a 2nd server and my DNS was on the 1st server. My problem is, I don't know if i need to add a new domain for my intranet, I want to happen is my intranet website could be work in internet. I have no idea how can I do that.Thank you

Depends.... who connects to who? Who do you have control over?"Intranet", like the terms "WAN" and "LAN" is very context dependant. What's intranet from your perspective could be internet for someone else and vice-versa.You need to have control over any DNS server to which the intranet users will be connecting. It doesn't have to be the very DNS, but a DNS that is being forwarded by that very DNS for your domain. Ideally, you'll need to have control over their hosts files... that's easiest to set up (initially... bad idea if changes occur), but requires you to have access to every intranet computer.See my last post in this topic for the possibilities, see which one does your situation fall in, and act accordingly.

Depends.... who connects to who? Who do you have control over?"Intranet", like the terms "WAN" and "LAN" is very context dependant. What's intranet from your perspective could be internet for someone else and vice-versa.You need to have control over any DNS server to which the intranet users will be connecting. It doesn't have to be the very DNS, but a DNS that is being forwarded by that very DNS for your domain. Ideally, you'll need to have control over their hosts files... that's easiest to set up (initially... bad idea if changes occur), but requires you to have access to every intranet computer.See my last post in this topic for the possibilities, see which one does your situation fall in, and act accordingly.
Thank you

Archived