Nav Menu only works in IE8

mboehler3

I have a page set up here: http://wuzhannanan.com/backend/package/template.phpIf you look at this page in IE8, the top navigation menu works fine. The rollover effect works as it should. However, in any other browser this does not work. The rollover effect breaks. Can someone help me get this to look good in every browser? What do I need to add to the CSS? Thanks in advance for any help.

This might be your problem:<div align="left" class="search">And in your CSS:.search{margin-top:0px;margin-right:-100px;position:absolute;z-index:10; padding-left:730px}Thats a very messy way of doing that. Why not float the nav ul to the left, and the search div to the right? And get rid of the align="left" in the HTML.At the moment, the search div goes over the top of the nav ul (due to its absolute position, the z-index and the padding left), and thus isn't working in the real browsers.

This might be your problem:<div align="left" class="search">And in your CSS:.search{margin-top:0px;margin-right:-100px;position:absolute;z-index:10; padding-left:730px}Thats a very messy way of doing that. Why not float the nav ul to the left, and the search div to the right? And get rid of the align="left" in the HTML.At the moment, the search div goes over the top of the nav ul (due to its absolute position, the z-index and the padding left), and thus isn't working in the real browsers.
Thanks, that worked, as now the rollover function works in all browsers. Thanks!

Archived