Script gives me 500 Status Code

Utherr12

1. Do you have permission to run shell commands?2. It looks like you're using the shell command simply to remove a file. Is there a reason for not using PHP's unlink function?3. I hope this script will not be exposed to the public as is. If so, you'd better validate the value of $_POST['image']. It would be very easy for a malicious user to add "../../../../and-so-on/some_file" and you could end up deleting things you do not want to delete.

I'm hosting this... gallery directory/sub-directories and files are owned by www-data with rwx r-x rwx so it can... because the shell script that adds images to gallery works fine.Ok, i didn't know about unlink() i'm still at a learning stage. Does it use www-data as the user? I'll make the changes once i get back on my linux.

I have now

$img_name = $_POST['image'];$category = $_POST['category'];switch($category){	case 0: 	{		unlink('/var/www/blogger/gallery/_thumb/funny/'.$img_name);		unlink('/var/www/blogger/gallery/funny/'.$img_name);		break;	}	case 1:	{		unlink('/var/www/blogger/gallery/_thumb/mysoul/'.$img_name);		unlink('/var/www/blogger/gallery/mysoul/'.$img_name);		break;	}	case 2:	{		unlink('/var/www/blogger/gallery/_thumb/geekish/'.$img_name);		unlink('/var/www/blogger/gallery/geekish/'.$img_name);		break;	}}

and added an exit() at the beginning of the script if someone else tries to access that page.Still doesn't work, gives me internal server error 500.

The script gives me PHP Warning: unlink(/var/www/blogger/gallery/_thumb/funny/1292421459.jpg): Permission denied in /home/kinga/test.sh on line 12PHP Warning: unlink(/var/www/blogger/gallery/funny/1292421459.jpg): Permission denied in /home/kinga/test.sh on line 13Oh, i have run the script as my own user... I didn't ran it with www-data, that's why I get this error.The file's permission are: -rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-dataQuestion: the data from POST and GET variables are strings right? so category is '0' not 0

The script gives me PHP Warning: unlink(/var/www/blogger/gallery/_thumb/funny/1292421459.jpg): Permission denied in /home/kinga/test.sh on line 12PHP Warning: unlink(/var/www/blogger/gallery/funny/1292421459.jpg): Permission denied in /home/kinga/test.sh on line 13Oh, i have run the script as my own user... I didn't ran it with www-data, that's why I get this error.The file's permission are: -rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-dataQuestion: the data from POST and GET variables are strings right? so category is '0' not 0
I believe that is correct. If you echo var_dump($_POST) at the top of your page you can find out.

Archived