Custom URL

gotpinoy

How can I create a custom url for my users?For example, YOU sign up in my site called mydomain.com. Then you wanted to change your URL to a custom URL like mydomain.com/YOU.thanks for t he help.
You want a user's control panel to have the uri of "/you"?You could use a Rewrite to accomplish this, but you'll have to elaborate more if you need help with it.

You want a user's control panel to have the uri of "/you"?You could use a Rewrite to accomplish this, but you'll have to elaborate more if you need help with it.
Just like Vimeo.com, you can create your own url or profile like vimeo.com/myprofilename? What are the steps and involved to make this happen? Is there sample online you can point me?

Just like Vimeo.com, you can create your own url or profile like vimeo.com/myprofilename? What are the steps and involved to make this happen? Is there sample online you can point me?
Like Dilated said you want to do a rewrite rule to make you url look cleaner. You will need a .htaccess file to do this.And why do you want to do a rewrite rule? well instead of writing mydomain.com/index.php?user=username you can make a rewrite rule so that mydomain.com/username would be the same as writing mydomain.com/index.php?user=username.I haven't explored .htaccess files functionality what much so I can't really help you with code but search google for rewrite rules and .htaccess file

Like Dilated said you want to do a rewrite rule to make you url look cleaner. You will need a .htaccess file to do this.And why do you want to do a rewrite rule? well instead of writing mydomain.com/index.php?user=username you can make a rewrite rule so that mydomain.com/username would be the same as writing mydomain.com/index.php?user=username.I haven't explored .htaccess files functionality what much so I can't really help you with code but search google for rewrite rules and .htaccess file
thanks for the basic idea. I'll do some search about rewrite rules.

Archived