Need help - is it possible?

echofool

Hey,I have an idea in my mind for my site but its complex to explain which makes me think is it possible in JS.The idea is an array of images (think of a map grid with X:Y coordinates) now i can do that fine.But what i need to do is popular each image of the grid into specific table cells. This way i can use ajax to scroll around this "grid" in a table structure with out it having to load the entire table all the time which is heavy going and slows the page down (or hangs on Firefox).My alternative is to use server side but thats heavy going on the server when i can put alot of it client side if its at all possible in JS.Im able to place images in precise positions but not in to presice table cells...is it possible with the cell having an ID or something ?

Hey,I have an idea in my mind for my site but its complex to explain which makes me think is it possible in JS.The idea is an array of images (think of a map grid with X:Y coordinates) now i can do that fine.But what i need to do is popular each image of the grid into specific table cells. This way i can use ajax to scroll around this "grid" in a table structure with out it having to load the entire table all the time which is heavy going and slows the page down (or hangs on Firefox).My alternative is to use server side but thats heavy going on the server when i can put alot of it client side if its at all possible in JS.Im able to place images in precise positions but not in to presice table cells...is it possible with the cell having an ID or something ?
javascript can be disabled though.

Archived