need help

C4RMA

Hey, i am going to make a browser-based web game, but i have no idea where to start, what languages to learn, and, although i have done my research, there has not been a place that could tell me.i still need help with- what languages i should learn- what website i should use to host- what programs i need. (money is no issue, i have access to dreamweaver, photoshop, ect.)thanks - C4RMA

Basically, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and a server-side language such as PHP (in that order). Almost all dynamic sites will use those technologies.As for hosting, it's up to you - personally, I use MediaTemple, but everyone has their favourite.

if you're not familiar with any languages yet (in particular JS/PHP), then I would add a couple of years of patience to the list of requirements.

oh, btw, do i need to learn sql for all the databasing
Yes, you'll need to learn SQL syntax to do your database interfacing. There might be some libraries/classes/modules/frameworks out there for various server-side languages that obscure the db interaction, but I don't know of any off hand. Your best bet is to just learn SQL. It is really quite simple, though. For basic stuff anyway. And basic stuff is usually all you'll ever need.

Archived