Image slideshow [SOLVED]

TheBnl

:) Actually, I was assuming the array would still exist. And I find that amusing because the slideshows I have built in the past rely on the structure of the file system only and don't use arrays.What's most useful at this stage of the thread, I think, is not so much finding the "best" way to do it as noticing the different ways that different programmers have of approaching the same problem. You don't usually find THAT in a textbook.EDIT. Now that I remember more clearly, there did come a stage of preloading images. It feels a lot like xmas!

I think the method of the scientist is easy in maintaining the slideshow,i can easily add an image with the name rouw + number .jpg and wouldn't have to rewrite the script.or am i reading the other options wrong and do they also give this option?

I think the method of the scientist is easy in maintaining the slideshow,i can easily add an image with the name rouw + number .jpg and wouldn't have to rewrite the script.or am i reading the other options wrong and do they also give this option?
dsonesuk's method allows for this too, it's just that he chose to eliminate the array, while thescientist kept it. There are uses for the array, as scientist and I pointed out, but if you aren't going to use it for anything but storing the filepath of images, there's really no need to keep (at least IMO anyway).

Archived