CSS3 My own font problem

lambik

Hi. I am working on my own web page and I read I can use my own fonts so I visited some webpages and downloaded font, let's call it font.ttf. Now, I want it in my web page but even if I have done everything as written in CSS3 Fonts it is not working. I copied example so I wonder there is problem with url. In folder1/pages/ is my homepage.html and in folder1 is my style.css and font.ttf. Can anybody help me what I should type as url in @font-face rule? Thanks

when you have questions, you should post the code you are using or a link so we can see exactly what you are doing.based on the info from the w3schools tutorials http://www.w3schools.com/css3/css3_pr_font-face_rule.asp,and the info you provided, I would try this

@font-face{  font-family: myFont;  src: url('font.ttf');}

Ok so I will try to describe it more.There is folder on my desktop Web/Layout1/pages/homepage.html which uses external css script located in Web/Layout1/style1.css and also font.ttf in Web/Layout1/font.ttf.Until this everything was working fine so I think there is no need to copy whole code.In style1.css is line @font-face {font-family: myFont; src:url('font.ttf');} and .nadpis {width:800px; height:26px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; text-align:center; font-size:24px; font-family:myFont; font-weight:bold; padding:5px; background-image:url(images/logo.jpg);} and I want to use it as a heading so I put this piece of code to my homepage <div class="nadpis">gfgfg</div>. If I change font-family to Arial or something like that it's working. Thanks for help.

Archived