My suggestions

qwfwq2

I really like your site and it has been very helpful for me. But there are a few things that I feel could be added. The first might be an assignment or two that goes along with each section. Like perhaps at the end of the html section create a website that utilizes x, y, z... It might be a nice way to add perspective to the material. Sometimes as a noob reading this, its difficult to imagine when a certain bit of code is used for example is it a better practice in blank situation to use the <div> or <table> element. So maybe a screen shot of a professional webpage that utilizes this element, how and then some notes on best practices. Perhaps an example of a professional site and a break down of how it was executed. I feel something like that would really help me see the forest for the trees. I appreciate your site, thanks for making html and css much easier for me.

I think the thing to keep in mind is that W3Schools is more of a reference site, with some very good tutorials. It is by no means exhaustive and the intent is be a quick reference for those looking for something specific, or just trying to get their feet of the ground. The best way to learn is by doing or by asking questions, and that is where the forums can help. If you have specific questions about a concept, feel free to ask.

Actually, I think it's a pretty good idea, especially since the group is now selling the materials in print. AND if people keep needing help with the same body of "assignments," I imagine a certain group of board members becoming pretty expert at fielding the same questions over and over.

Archived