dreamscapeuk

VBScript scripting dictionary help needed

Hi there, I'm new to vbscripting so please help..I have 2 txt files with data like belowFile 1A/C Value40000 -1908363.0040100 20000.0040200 350004.0040300 -3498.99File 2A/C Value40000 -1908363.0040105 -234567.0040200 350.0040300 -3498.99Both files are in the same format (finally!) and I'm trying to compare them to list only the lines that are different in each file. First I did the standard read each line in file 1 and compare to all the lines of file 2 but this will miss anything in file 2 that isn't in file 1 unless i do the same in reverse. Someone suggested I put both files in a dictionary and compare. I have made an attempt but keep getting this error: Line 33: This key is already associated with an element of this collection.Also I'm not sure the results will be what i'm expecting as I wanted to get something like this:A/C File 1 File 240100 20000.00 ' where the account only exists in file 140105 -234567.00 ' where the account only exists in file 240200 350004.00 350.00 ' where the accoun exists in both files but the values are different.Any help please??????Here's my code: Const ForReading = 1, ForWriting = 2Set objDictionary = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")' Declare the dictionaries.Dim Dict1 Dim Dict2 'Set txt filesSet objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")Set objTextFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:\VBScript\ReadFiles\OracleFile.txt", ForReading)Set objTextFile2 = objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:\VBScript\ReadFiles\HyperionFile.txt", ForReading)Set f = objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:\VBScript\ReadFiles\ResultsFile.txt", ForWriting, True)Set Dict1 = objDictionaryWith Dict1  'set compare mode.CompareMode = BinaryComparei = 0Do Until objTextFile.AtEndOfStream     strNextLine = objTextFile.Readline   .Add i, strNextLine    i = i + 1LoopEnd WithSet Dict2 = objDictionaryWith Dict2  'set compare mode.CompareMode = BinaryCompare  i = 0Do Until objTextFile2.AtEndOfStream     strNextLine2 = objTextFile2.Readline   .Add i, strNextLine2    i = i + 1LoopEnd With' Compare the two dictionaries.For Each objItem In Dict1  If    Dict2.Exists(objItem) Then            Dict2.Remove(objItem)            Dict1.Remove(objItem)  Else         f.writeline Dict1(objItem) & vbCrLf        f.writeline Dict2(objItem) & vbCrLf  End if    Nextf.CloseWScript.Echo "Done"

' you set the keys to be integers starting at zero so your first line is in key 0, zero' I am assuming the first five charcters are account numbers and everything after that is the account value' You can change the msgboxes to writing to files without difficulty' do a split on each line using the space, arr(0) will be the key and arr(1) will be the valueConst ForReading = 1, ForWriting = 2'Set txt filesSet objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")Set objTextFile1 = objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:\wherever\OracleFile.txt", ForReading)Set objTextFile2 = objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:\wherever\HyperionFile.txt", ForReading)'Set f = objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:\wherever\ResultsFile.txt", ForWriting, True)' setup the dictionariesSet Dict1 = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")Set Dict2 = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")Do Until objTextFile1.AtEndOfStream strNextLine = objTextFile1.Readline splitarr = split(strNextLine," ") if Dict1.exists(splitarr(0)) Then ' do nothing Else Dict1.Add splitarr(0), splitarr(1) End IfLoopDo Until objTextFile2.AtEndOfStream strNextLine = objTextFile2.Readline splitarr = split(strNextLine," ") if Dict2.exists(splitarr(0)) Then ' do nothing Else Dict2.Add splitarr(0), splitarr(1) End IfLoop' compare the keys and values of the two dictionariesarrDict1 = Dict1.keysarrDict2 = Dict2.keysstrDict1Keys = Join(arrDict1)strDict2Keys = Join(arrDict2)copyStrDict1Keys = strDict1KeyscopystrDict2Keys = strDict2Keys'msgbox "strDict2Keys = " & strDict2keyss = "accounts that exist in both files"sDifferentValues = "account is the same but values are different"for i = 0 to uBound(arrDict1) if InStr(strDict2Keys, Trim(arrDict1(i))) Then copyStrDict1Keys = replace(copyStrDict1Keys, Trim(arrDict1(i)), "") copystrDict2Keys = replace(copyStrDict2Keys, Trim(arrDict1(i)), "") s = s & vbcrlf & arrDict1(i) if Trim(Dict1.item(arrDict1(i))) <> Trim(Dict2.item(arrDict1(i))) Then sDifferentValues = sDifferentValues &vbcrlf & arrDict1(i) & ": " & Trim(Dict1.item(arrDict1(i))) & ": " & Trim(Dict2.item(arrDict1(i))) End If End IfNextmsgbox smsgbox sDifferentValuesmsgbox "accounts after removing matching: OracleFile " & copyStrDict1Keysmsgbox "accounts after removing matching: HyperionFile " & copyStrDict2Keys'f.closemsgbox "finished"

' you set the keys to be integers starting at zero so your first line is in key 0, zero' I am assuming the first five charcters are account numbers and everything after that is the account value' You can change the msgboxes to writing to files without difficulty' do a split on each line using the space, arr(0) will be the key and arr(1) will be the valueConst ForReading = 1, ForWriting = 2'Set txt filesSet objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")Set objTextFile1 = objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:\wherever\OracleFile.txt", ForReading)Set objTextFile2 = objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:\wherever\HyperionFile.txt", ForReading)'Set f = objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:\wherever\ResultsFile.txt", ForWriting, True)' setup the dictionariesSet Dict1 = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")Set Dict2 = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")Do Until objTextFile1.AtEndOfStream strNextLine = objTextFile1.Readline splitarr = split(strNextLine," ") if Dict1.exists(splitarr(0)) Then ' I assume an account will never occur twice but this is where you should write code just in case ' do nothing Else Dict1.Add splitarr(0), splitarr(1) End IfLoopDo Until objTextFile2.AtEndOfStream strNextLine = objTextFile2.Readline splitarr = split(strNextLine," ") if Dict2.exists(splitarr(0)) Then ' do nothing Else Dict2.Add splitarr(0), splitarr(1) End IfLoop' compare the keys and values of the two dictionariesarrDict1 = Dict1.keysarrDict2 = Dict2.keysstrDict1Keys = Join(arrDict1)strDict2Keys = Join(arrDict2)copyStrDict1Keys = strDict1KeyscopystrDict2Keys = strDict2Keys'msgbox "strDict2Keys = " & strDict2keyss = "accounts that exist in both files"sDifferentValues = "account is the same but values are different"for i = 0 to uBound(arrDict1) if InStr(strDict2Keys, Trim(arrDict1(i))) Then copyStrDict1Keys = replace(copyStrDict1Keys, Trim(arrDict1(i)), "") copystrDict2Keys = replace(copyStrDict2Keys, Trim(arrDict1(i)), "") s = s & vbcrlf & arrDict1(i) if Trim(Dict1.item(arrDict1(i))) <> Trim(Dict2.item(arrDict1(i))) Then sDifferentValues = sDifferentValues &vbcrlf & arrDict1(i) & ": " & Trim(Dict1.item(arrDict1(i))) & ": " & Trim(Dict2.item(arrDict1(i))) End If End IfNextmsgbox smsgbox sDifferentValuesmsgbox "accounts after removing matching: OracleFile " & copyStrDict1Keysmsgbox "accounts after removing matching: HyperionFile " & copyStrDict2Keys'f.closemsgbox "finished" hth