context-stream

birbal

what is stream function and contexts?..how it is used?..what is the purpose of it?...i saw the context in the file_get_contents... there is a optional parameter for context which is relating to stream...i dont have any idea with both...want to know about it in brief.thank you

what is stream function and contexts?..how it is used?..what is the purpose of it?...i saw the context in the file_get_contents... there is a optional parameter for context which is relating to stream...i dont have any idea with both...want to know about it in brief.
This is where -- stream contexts -- I got started after having encountered similar questions.Roddy

thanks for the link..i read it.are context-stream and Curl used for same purpose?..still not getting clearly when the context-stream are being used.

cURL is one way to make HTTP requests. Writing out the URL into the appropriate function is another... and if the URL is using the HTTP scheme, I guess the idea of contexts overlaps with cURL indeed.However, a context may provide options for any supported wrapper, not just HTTP.

Archived