Need help formatting a multi-dimensional array result

justinbriggs1

Hey everyone, I have an array result that I am having a difficult time formatting to a more human-readable format.Here is the an example, it came from an LDAP query:

array(2) {  ["uid=tthompson,ou=People,dc=abc,dc=com"]=>  array(7) {	["logintimeremaining"]=>	string(1) "2"	["account"]=>	string(15) "left/2008-05-10"	["department"]=>	string(22) "Specialty Pool"	["affiliation"]=>	string(15) "former-it"	["displayname"]=>	string(13) "Tom Thompson"	["mail"]=>	string(16) "tthompson@abc.com"	["uid"]=>	string(8) "tthompson"  } ["uid=ttomlin,ou=People,dc=abc,dc=com"]=>  array(9) {	["pwdchanged"]=>	string(15) "20101015153716Z"	["logintimeremaining"]=>	string(1) "2"	["passwordexpiration"]=>	string(15) "20111015153716Z"	["locked"]=>	string(5) "FALSE"	["department"]=>	string(7) "Requisitions"	["affiliation"]=>	string(7) "faculty"	["displayname"]=>	string(20) "Mr. Tom Tomlin"	["mail"]=>	string(15) "ttomlin@abc.com"	["uid"]=>	string(7) "ttomlin"  }}

The end user won't care for the length of the strings, or the top level key/values. Can any array wizards give this a look? Thanks.

How do you want it present it to them? As an array, or are you trying to present it them on a webpage? Which part are you interested in? Using a foreach loop should give you access to any key or value you need. From there you can do whatever you want.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not really worried about any HTML formatting besides line breaks. It can be very rudimentary, for instance this would certainly suffice:

["logintimeremaining"]=> "2"["account"]=> "left/2008-05-10"["department"]=> "Specialty Pool"

etc.I just can't seem to figure out how to arrange my loop to only print out the relevant key/value pairs. Also, I didn't mentioned before but the previous example was formatted with <pre> tags; otherwise it just outputs as a normal array dump style.

Use print_r instead of var_dump.echo "<pre>".print_r($tmpArray, true)."</pre>";EDIT:Or if you don't want the top level arrays you could do a nested foreach loop. Something like:

foreach($tmpArray as $subArray) {   foreach($subArray as $Key => $Value) {	  echo $Key." => ".$Value."<br />";   }   echo "<br />";}

Archived