preference menu css

CNT

Up to now, I have been using 1 CSS file, namely "stylesheet.css". Now that the past few days I have been all over the internet studying navigation menus, seeing that some menus can be long (images and other codes). I am wondering what you guys tend to do? Stay with 1 CSS file and use all the menu and everything within it OR 2 CSS files with 1 being menu.css and other being stylesheet.css (or what other names you use?)?Along with above question, to use 2 CSS files in one HTML page, I would have to use "@import" or can still use below in that order:<link rel="stylesheet" href="menu.css" type="text/css" /><link rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css" type="text/css" />Also, XHTML requires lower case HTML name? Like "index.html" instead of "Index.html" ??Correct me... even if I use all lower case for HTML names, others still can use caps to get to my website? Like one types "www.LazyFoxJumps.com" will open with registered "www.lazyfoxjumps.com" ?Chuck

You can have two stylesheets listed like that, but it's preferable to make as few HTTP requests as possible, so ideally you would only want to use one stylesheet if possible.I think it was meant in that all property names, event handler names, and tags needed to be lowercase.

You can have two stylesheets listed like that, but it's preferable to make as few HTTP requests as possible, so ideally you would only want to use one stylesheet if possible.
OK, I'll stick with 1 stylesheet.cssChuck

<div><ul id="navbar"><li><a href="index.htm">Home</a></li><li><a href="#">Something</a></li><li><a href="#">Woodshop</a></li><li><a href="#">History</a>	<ul>	<li><a href="#">The beginning...</a>		<ul>		<li><a href="#">The VERY beginning...</a></li>		<li><a href="#">The early days...</a></li>		</ul></li>	<li><a href="#">The present...</a></li>	</ul></li><li><a href="#">Contact me</a></li></ul></div>

Is there a common standard way of doing the ul and li in the HTML? What I mean is should the ul be on the same line with li, see below examples:

<li><a href="#">History</a>	<ul>	<li><a href="#">The beginning...</a>		<ul>		<li><a href="#">The VERY beginning...</a></li>

or

<li><a href="#">History</a><ul>	<li><a href="#">The beginning...</a><ul>		<li><a href="#">The VERY beginning...</a></li>

I know it works both ways, but I just like to know what most do with this, including tab on submenus (in coding, for easier reading).Chuck

I am wondering what you guys tend to do? Stay with 1 CSS file and use all the menu and everything within it OR 2 CSS files with 1 being menu.css and other being stylesheet.css
Depends on whether the CSS file for your menu will be used in multiple pages with different styles. You could have the main CSS for setting up the menu (ie, changing the display) in one file and keep specific style information (ie, colors, font-sizes, etc.) in the file with your styles for the page.
I know it works both ways, but I just like to know what most do with this, including tab on submenus (in coding, for easier reading).
It really depends on which is easier for you to read I suppose. I guess the first way is probably going to be easier to read, but I typically do it the second way.

Archived