Chrome and IE

WillieO

Im using Notepad++ as an editor. When I try to preview the following code in IE or chrome I get blank screensWhen I use Safari or Firefox it renders Ok .Can someone please tell me whtats wrong with my code?Thanks

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?/><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"	"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html>  <head>	<title> Wrox recipes. The worlds best scrambled eggs</title>  </head>  <body>  <h1>Wrox-Recipies - Worlds best scrambled eggs</h1>	<p>I adapted this recipe from a book called	 <cite cite="http//www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0864119917/	 ">Sidney Food</cite> by Bill Grainger.</p>	<p> Ever since tasting these eggs on my 1<sup>st</sup> visit to Bill's resteraunt in Kings Point, sidney, I have been after the recipe.	 I have since transformed it into what I believe is the <em>best</em> scrambled eggs I have ever tasted.</p>	 <p> This recipe is what I call <q>very special breakfast</q> just look at the ingredients to see why. It has to be tasted to believe.</p>   <h2>Indgredients</h2>	<p>The following ingredients make one serving</p>	  <ul> 		<li>2 eggs</li>		<li>1 tablespoon of butter (10g)</li>		<li>1/3 cup of cream <i>((2 3/4 oz.)</i></li>		<li>A pinch of Salt</li>		<li>Freshly milled black pepper</li>		<li>3 fresh Chives sliced</li>	  </ul>   <h2>Instructions</h2>	  <ol>		<li>Whisk eggs, cream and salt in a bowl		<li>Melt the butter in a no stick pan over low heat <i>(taking care not to burn the butter)</i></li>		<li>Pour egg mixture into the pan and wait until it starts settling around the edge of the pan (aound 20 minutes).</li>		<li>Using wooden spatula , bring the mixture into the center as if it were an omelet, and let cook for another 20 seconds.</li>		<li>Fold contents in again, leave for 20 seconds, and repeat until the eggs are only justdone.</li>		<li.Grind a light sprinkling of freshly ground pepper over the eggs and blend in some chopped fresh chives.</li>	  </ol>	  <p>You should only make a <strong>maximum</strong> of 2 servings per pan</p>  </p> This recipe is what I call <q>very special breakfast</q> just look at the ingredients to see why. It has to be tasted to believe.</p>  <h1>Ricota pancake ingredients</h1> <ul> <li>1 <del>1/2</del><ins> 3/4</ins>cups rigotta. <li>3/4 cups milk</li> <li>4 eggs</li> <li>1 cup plain <u>white flour</u> <li>1 teaspoon baking powder</li> <li><del>75g</del><ins> 50g</ins></li> <li>Pinch of salt</li></ul> <p> These are great pancakes</p>  </body> </html>

I see a lot of forgotten closing tags, some closing tags being used as opening tags, and the closing title tag has the slash at the end instead of the beginning. Also, you're ending list is missing a couple closing tags for the list items, and should be nested in list (ordered or unordered) tags.

I see a lot of forgotten closing tags, some closing tags being used as opening tags, and the closing title tag has the slash at the end instead of the beginning. Also, you're ending list is missing a couple closing tags for the list items, and should be nested in list (ordered or unordered) tags.
THANK YOU SO MUCH THE SCIENTIST I am new at this and plan on becoming a web developer eventually. This is my first class and I am amazed that I missed that, but, now it works fine!!!!I so appreciate your input. Ive been a carpenter for 29 years but now work is so slow here. I have much gratitude

Archived