Where to Go, What to do next?

Kerisa2day1

Hello Everyone, I'm a newbie at this web development stuff. Well i'm less than a newbie I think, I don't relly know how much I should know For about 6mths of studying give or take a couple wks. And the Most annoying thing is that I seem to be reading the same things over and over again. So just how much, or what should I really know?Also I don't know exactly what I should be studying, I've been stuck for quite a while now not knowing wheter I should be studying coding (xhtml/css) etc or general web development stuff like browser statistics, web hosting, search engine optimization accessibility etc all the other that stuff involved with web design.Where should I concentrate my efforts first?And at what stage should I move on to something else?Please anyone help and guide me, take me under your wing..hehe :-)Thank you

The Web Primer tutorial was written for cases like this. There's a link to it in the middle of the home page. It describes what a web developer needs to know and it practically follows the orders in which one should learn.In short I could say: XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, XML + some server side scripting language of your choise. It might be PHP, ASP, Cold Fusion, etc.The other tutorials are advises for optimizing your work, not for creation of web sites.

Guest websupermaster

I think he wants to know how he can make sure he knows those things. I have the same problem..Although he is a bit ahead of me..

Does anyone know of any good tutorials that teach good website layout......The w3c don't really have any, so where can I go to really practice using css?And is it a good idea to use templates for practice or should I be learning to make layouts myself?Thank you!!