Outline problem

klapy

I'm just starting to build another 1 of my own webpages... For anyone one that's interested it is going to be a weblog/portfolio of everything that I do / have done....I'm just working on the best layout out at the moment, I found a nice one but somehow the right side isnt outlined correctlyThe top banner part is just a pixel longer than the home part.... I have no idea how I can fix this. edit: this is hosted on my own webserver on a normal internet connection so it might be slow!!Link: http://klapy.no-ip.infoCode:

<table width="100%"><tr><td><div class="pageheader">klapy.no-ip.info</div></td></tr></table><table width="100%"><tr><td align="left" width="10%"><div class="top">Navigation</div><div class="body">Test <br />blaat <br /></div></td><td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"><div class="top">Home</div></td></tr></table></body></html>

First I think there is no that 1px at all, but yes it was, but only with IE.Can't explain all details, so it is easier when I put whole code.I'd move all widths and alings from HTML to CSS.It's a bit of cooler that way, I think. :)I can see You just now editing it Yourself, but hope this help still. :)padding-right: 1px; in home-class fixes that one pixel width case.Move CSS to Your CSS-file from head section and uncomment stylesheet link-tag.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html><head><!--<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css"/>--><style type="text/css"><!--body{padding: 0px;     /* opera has small bug */background-color: #E0FFFF;color: #000000;margin: 15px;font-size: 16pt;}table{width: 100%;}div.pageheader{text-align: left;border: solid 1px #000000;font-size: 24pt;background-color: #B4CDCD;color: inherit;}div.top{border: 1px solid #000000;background-color: #B4CDCD;color: inherit;}div.body{background-color: #F0FFFF;color: inherit;border-top: none;border-right: 1px solid #000000;border-left: 1px solid #000000;border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;}#zoom{text-align: right;}.menu{width: 100px;}.home{padding-right: 1px; /* for MSIE */vertical-align: top;}--></style><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" /><title>klapy.no-ip.info</title></head><body><table><tr><td><div class="pageheader">klapy.no-ip.info</div><div class="body" id="zoom"><a href="index.php?page=large">A</a> / <a href="page=small">a</a></div></td></tr></table><table><tr><td class="menu"><div class="top">Navigation</div><div class="body"><a href="index.php?page=home">Home</a><br /><a href="index.php#">Nothing</a> <br /></div></td><td class="home"><div class="top">Home</div></td></tr></table></body></html>

edit:tested and OK with MSIE 6.0, Opera 8.53, Opera 9, Firefox, K-Meleon and Tidy.

thank you for your help it indeed works :)Another question... What exactly does color:inherit do?And yes I was indeed editting it, I was trying to get the A / a function to work properly, but I'm overlooking something :)

thank you for your help it indeed works :)Another question... What exactly does color:inherit do?And yes I was indeed editting it, I was trying to get the A / a function to work properly, but I'm overlooking something :blink:

When You use background-color You should use color too (says W3C)and when You use color You shoud use background-color too. (says W3C again) :)color: inherit; means that color is inherited (descended) from parent-element (body etc) to the child-element.So if You has body-section, color setted as #000000;child-div color is automatically setted to #000000; right? No, it is not.That is not enough to W3C, somehow. :) W3C says: both color-attributes should be there! And in this example color: inherit; is same as color: #000000;One way to handle the A / a -case can be: there is way to change whole CSS-file as "on the fly" (no need to reload page) with JavaScript/DOM. So You can set easily different colors, sizes and .. everything.Small function is here, use if needed.You must put ID (id="css") to the stylesheet link tag.
Javascript:function changeCSSFile(file){document.getElementById('css').setAttribute('href', file);}HTML:<button onclick="changeCSSFile('style2.css')">Change CSS-file</button>

You can use a link or select-element etc. to change the file.Out there exists other ways (CSS-rules, etc.) but this one works with all real browsers and MSIE 5.0 >

I finished the A / a part, I overlooked something in my pageloading (the ?page=) part. I forgot to close the loop and it basicly looped through the entire if loop everytime....Thanks for your help!It looks like this:

if($_GET['style'] == 'large')	{	setcookie('large', '1');	header("Location: $refer");}if($_GET['style'] == 'small')	{	setcookie('large', '0');	header("Location: $refer");}

the head part in between and then:

if($_COOKIE['large'] == '1') {	?>	<body class="large">	<?php	} else {		?>		<body>	<?php}