Wondering how to do something?

discoveringmypath

Hello everyone! I was thinking about how to code something like a slideshow of images with text attached to it. My idea is for putting together recipes, I want it too show a big picture with instruction's on how to make a certain dish right underneath it. There would be a Previous and Next button underneath the picture and the text, so that people can navigate through the pictures and instructions easily to learn how to make a dish ( like lasagna or anything really)...I'm new to web design, so I don't know much, I know HTML and CSS so far. Anyways I have looked through w3schools trying to find something that could do this but I really don't know where to look. Anyways if anyone knows how I could do something like this please help. If you need me to try to explain what I'm talking about I will try try to explain further. As always Thank You to anyone who can help me! Thanks Again, David

while javascript will be your mechanism for actually rendering and giving users an interface for the slideshow, there are a few different ways to actually store the data you want to present. One way is to use a database that you can update and which the page will dynamically respond to without you having to do any HTML/CSS/Javascript work. The same principle can be applied by using an XML file, which is just one file that you keep adding too. And the other alternative is to just make an object right in javascript which will do the same things as the others, except it will be written using javascript syntax. All have their pros and cons, and the deciding factor will ultimately be what your skills are most comfortable with.

Archived