Connecting sql server with asp.net

Guest lcpriya

Guest lcpriya

i have created an asp.net application with sql server2000 as backend in my localsystem.when i deployed the project in other sytem in network,i receive the following error message."sql server does not exsist or access denied"when i create the same database in local system and change the data source name with local system in configuration file, the application is working.i do not face this problem with vb.net application as it takes its datasource from network system.is there anything like i have to give permission for asp.net in sql server network utility.can anyone sort out the problem

When setting up my asp.net applications with sql server 2000 I had to create a user in sql server 2000 called 'network service' this is the account the .net code runs as (the account is 'aspnet' if using windows xp).Make sure you create a sql server account named 'network service' and give it permission.Also is the Sql server on the same machine as your .net application or are you trying to remotely connect to sql server?