table alignment

akbar.t

i wanted to align the columns of a table according to its heading size.i.e. the size of the column should be equal to the size of the heading.

<table border =0 cellpadding = 1 cellspacing = 1><tr><th>                  </th><th width=50%>Date(dd/mm/yy)</th><th >WHO stage</th><th >Weight(kg)</th><th >Height(cm)</th><th >Performance A/B/C *</th><th >Total lymphocyte count</th><th >CD4 count(or % in children)</th></tr><tr><td>At 1st visit in clinic</td><%j=1 %><%for i=j to j+6 %><td><input type="text" name="text_ <%=i%>" ></td><% Next %></tr><tr><td>At ART medical eligibility</td><%j=i %><%for i=j to j+6 %><td><input type="text" name="text_ <%=i%>" ></td><% Next %></tr><tr><td>At start of ART</td><%j=i %><%for i=j to j+6 %><td><input type="text" name="text_ <%=i%>"  ></td><% Next %></tr><tr><td>At 6 months ART</td><%j=i %><%for i=j to j+6 %><td><input type="text" name="text_ <%=i%>" ></td><% Next %></tr>

</table>

So I am guessing since you didn't actually ask a question that this code doesn't do want you want described above???Could you post the page source from the browser, I do not have an ASP server to test this code but would be happy to take a look if you can provide the rendered HTML.

Your going to have to put in widths and stuff, you cant exactly just align them up. Plus your coding doesnt exactly work. Do you use MS Frontpage or something? Cause I hate that spacing coding.