DOCTYPE issue, please help

long_way

Hey guys,Newbie and not english here :) I'm running cms website with below doctype:<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">I'm trying eliminate all xhtml errors on website and can't ger rid of target="_blank" error it looks, this doctype I'm using, doesn't allow opening link in new window. Is there any way around it please? website is: www dot fluxprint dot co dot ukThank you for your time and possibly help.Petr

You are using a strict doctype, and the strict rules for (X)HTML no longer allow targets. The idea is that it should be the user's choice to open a new window. I believe most of the experienced developers on this board have agreed that this is the best attitude. I encourage you to think carefully about your need for a new window.If you switch to a transitional doctype, targeting will be permitted.It is also possible to open a new window using JavaScript. The technique is easy to learn.EDIT. I should also say not to worry about your English. This board is very international, and many of the most frequent posters do not speak English as a first language. This means that we almost never complain about errors. I personally find that the most frequent errors do not affect communication. So far, you are communicating just fine. :)

Archived