Css files.

jimfog

In many cases of a Joomla website i see that css code is spread among different files.Besides code organization is there any other reason a developer will adopt such a technique?Why not just put all the code in one file?

In many cases of a Joomla website i see that css code is spread among different files.Besides code organization is there any other reason a developer will adopt such a technique?Why not just put all the code in one file?
If multiple developer working in a project, definitely you will come up with css code in different filesbecause their codes will be consolidated into bigger code. Now, do you want to tell them to put theircss into one general file? I don't think so.

• 2 weeks later...

So, from your saying, i could make a site with only one css file, if for example i am the sole developer and in addition to that i choose not to offer any template customization to the user.What is your opinion regarding the above?

So, from your saying, i could make a site with only one css file, if for example i am the sole developer and in addition to that i choose not to offer any template customization to the user.What is your opinion regarding the above?
For one of my websites, I used to have my CSS in different files because at the time it made sense, I had a lot of categories. But then I was told the CSS could be read faster if it was all in one file. I didn't have an issue with performance or anything, but decided eh, makes sense, Ill just put it all in one. So now I've got all my files in one.But yea, I can definetely see there are still reasons for having multiple CSS files particularly if there's more than one developer.

Archived