A simple script help

pratkal

finally was able to run the code and create a table this is the code that works in end

<?phpinclude '../config.php';$con = mysql_connect("$dbhost","$dbuser","$dbpass");if (!$con)  {  die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());  }else  {  echo "Table in database created please click continue to go to next step ";  }// Create tablemysql_select_db("goaddwor_mydb");$sql = "CREATE TABLE admin(id INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,PRIMARY KEY(id),username varchar(100) NOT NULL,password varchar(100)NOT NULL,fname varchar(100) NOT NULL,lname varchar(100) NOT NULL,email varchar(100) NOT NULL)";// Execute querymysql_query($sql,$con) or exit(mysql_error());mysql_close($con);?>

thanks all for helpjust 1 quick question how to create multiple table with my code

as you did.prepare your sql commands and executing it using mysql_query() as many times. but remember that in one database two same tables name cant exist.

should i name then something else for ex$sql2 = "create table user(id INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,PRIMARY KEY(id),username varchar(100) NOT NULL,password varchar(100)NOT NULL,fname varchar(100) NOT NULL,lname varchar(100) NOT NULL,email varchar(100) NOT NULL)";mysql_query($sql,$sql2,$con) or exit(mysql_error());in other word i can name it w/e i like $sql is just a name

you can name it as you like but with maintaining the identifier naming rules.you can not use mysql_query() this way mysql_query($sql1,$sql2,$sql3) for more details you can check mysql_query()if you use same variable for different sql it will overwrite the previous one everytime. so when you pass the $sql to mysql_query() the last assigned value to $sql will be executed.

its not obviouse but you can do that also.same variable different sql

$sql='some sql 1';mysql_query($sql); //it will execute the some sql 1$sql='some sql 2';mysql_query($sql) //it will execute some sql 2

different variable different sql

$sql1='some sql 1';mysql_query($sql); //it will execute the some sql 1$sql2='some sql 2';mysql_query($sql) //it will execute some sql 2

$sql='some sql 1';$sql='some sql 2';mysql_query($sql) //it will execute some sql 2

$sql='some sql 1';mysql_query($sql); //it will execute the some sql 1mysql_query($sql) //it will execute some sql 1 AGAIN

Archived