XML Standard

elkoalaloco

Hello Everybody,A couple of days ago, a customer said something about that a particular schema did not comply with XML standard about date format, like dd/mm/yyyy, but i seem not to be able to find such standard anywhere.is this guy talking none sense?Thanks all in advance.

Thanks a lot Deirdre's Dad, I totally forgot about XSD data types, i just concentrated myself in the XML standards :S i now saw the schema again and the type was actually string so my customer was kind of right.<xs:attribute name="PickUpDateTime" type="xs:string" use="optional"/> so if the type was declared as DateTime then he should have been right.Best regards and thanks for yor feedback.

I think he was also implying you should use the xs:dateTime XML Schema datatype... and I'd agree. There are many tools that can generate code or visuals based on the XML Schema, and having your type be a string breaks their ability to generate such things. If you could alter your XML Schema to use xs:dateTime AND reformat your dates so that they're valid according to it, you'll likely save him some trouble.

Archived