Hover without CSS or Javascript?

DizzyDan

I am sending an e-mail blast to a business's mailing list. They have over 50,000 e-mail address's so obviously its a whole bunch of different e-mail clients. I posted about cross carrier e-mail clients and was told to use tables and code as if it were 1997. And was also guided to a website that had a great tutorial on how to code it. It works and looks pefect the only problem i have now is...The client wants the link to underline on hover in the e-mail.now I can do thie easily with CSS

a:link {text-decoration:none;}	 a:visited {text-decoration:none;}  a:hover {text-decoration:underline;}  a:active {text-decoration:none;}

That works fine BUT a lot of the e-mail clients like gmail, ymail, aol ect... just ignore this.Is there a way to do this in-line with just HTML no CSS and no JAVASCRIPT?

There was a way to customize the colors for the different states, but I don't remember a way to toggle underlining.
I guess i will tell him he is outta luck. Thanks!

Try putting an "!important" declaration by the properties. Often email clients won't allow styles to be overridden unless you do that.

a:link {text-decoration:none !important;}	 a:visited {text-decoration:none !important;}  a:hover {text-decoration:underline !important;}  a:active {text-decoration:none !important;}

Archived