Drupal

Caitlin-havener

I know I could go to another forum, but I know you guys so I thought maybe I could get some help!!In one of my class groups we are trying to make a dating site for attractive people (lol), but we really don't know too much about exactly how to do it.Two questions:1)How would we make users searchable with Drupal taxonomy based on their profiles? (this is the most important question right now)2)How would you even use Drupal to insert and search through the different aspects of users anyway (age, hair color, religion...). I keep thinking that when a user creates an account they fill out the fields then use php/sql to insert those values into a table called 'users' while each row is a different user and each field is a different aspect such as date of birth. Then to search through the users you would use some sort of SQL to find all users with brown hair for example... but using Drupal and taxonomy??? Im confused...HINTS APPRECIATED!!! :)

I really don't know anything about drupal, but after searching around on google I wound up with this list of modules that are essential for building a social network:

essentialOrganic Groups, User Relationships, OG_Subgroups, Userpoints, PrivateMsg, Subscriptions, Views, Update Status, Forum Access with ACL, Abuse, CAPTCHA, CCK, Invite with DCL Importer, PathAuto, Token, Tagadelic, Fivestar, XML SitemaprecommendedUsernode, MySite, User Titles, User Stats, Kudos, TinyMCE, Quote, Signature for Forums, Smileys, some kind of image module, CRE (content recommendation engine), 'me' aliases, Advanced User Management, Service Links, Comment Subject, Comment Upload, Guestbook, Word Filter, Community TagsacceptableAvatar Selection, Activity, Views Bookmarks, Panels, LoginToboggan, Birthdays, Bookmark Us, Recent Changes and Diff, Forward, Email Verify, Google Analytics, Meta Tags, Search404, Search Type with Search Config, Taxonomy Browser, User Interests, Username AJAX Check, Message Effects, Chatroom (powerful) or Chatblock (weak), Event, Nice Menus, Printer-Friendly Pages, Signup, SpoilerFor wikis you can use either the core Books module or a contributed module. There are several contributed ones, including Liquid Wiki Engine Project, this installation profile, and/or PearWiki Filter and/or some of the other modules that show up on the PearWiki project page.

Archived